What is it?
E Academy is a program for UM – Dearborn college students, and high school students, which is designed to help them develop their business acumen, expose them to entrepreneurial concepts, build their leadership skills and support them in attending the University of Michigan – Dearborn. Sponsored by the College of Business in partnership with Alpha Kappa Psi and iLabs.
What is the process?
- Teams of college and high school students (1- college, 2-3 high school) work together to develop and present a solution to a common problem.
- Each morning, the college students will attend leadership development workshops while the high school students will attend basic business courses. In the afternoon, the teams will work together to develop their idea and plan for the competition.
- High school students are provided an immersion into a college environment with student role models / mentors.
- Instruction is provided by UM – Dearborn staff/faculty and business professionals on a volunteer basis.
- College students are also invited to participate in an exclusive networking event with business executives during the week.
- Competition is held on Saturday followed by an awards banquet that evening.
Scholarships are awarded based on three criteria:
- Competition results,
- Voting at alumni wine tasting event,
- Individual criteria requested by individual donors.
(Scholarships awarded under criteria 1 and 2 are only redeemable at UM – Dearborn. Criterion 3 awards will be based on expectations of individual donors.)
E-Academy 2012 Students and Mentors